Sunday 27 May 2007
I am wondering about the future of the new Muslim generation, i.e, Muslim children in the western countries, mainly in UK. As I am now teaching Muslim children I do not see much will come out from this generation for Islam in UK and for long term visions of Muslim community in this country. I do not want to be pessimistic, however this is the truth that I have discovered for myself. To be honest with you, I have not seen such bad behaviour, it is really scary to raise your children in the west without mature close attention to them to familiarise them and teach them the Islamic behaviour and ethics.

Here someone may say the Muslim countries are not much better nowadays to raise children, I might agree with this person but they are not as bad as Western countries, people there still have ethical deterrent, and strong Islamic society. The problem with the children I teach is a family problem, whereas the father is working almost 7 days a week, he sees his children at the weekend for a short time and that is all, what about the mother? The mother is either working or busy with housework, as a result, the children lose the most effective protection, the high big walls which are surrounding and protecting the family castle.

The parents think that this weekend school, which is basically one day a week, is all that is needed for children to learn Islamic values. In addition to this, the children come to school with no interest in learning Arabic or other Islamic subject, they just want to play.

To raise a pious generation who, through their good deeds, will bring blessings upon their parents is a difficult task, one that brings unimaginable rewards, in this life and the next.

Labels: , ,

 
posted by S.A at 18:32 |


0 Comments: